Friday, August 7, 2009

Chuffing and Psych


I'm not very good at posting regularly. Oh well.

I got to play with the baby tigers on Sunday. It was five of the most exciting minutes of my life. Who else can say that they've petted a tiger? Other than all the other volunteers and people who booked encounters at the zoo.



I also got chuffed at by the baby royal white today. I was guarding the tiger perimeter (we have to keep people at least three feet away, and they need to be reminded every few minutes) and the white boy came up next to me and looked at me with his beautiful blue eyes and chuffed. Chuffing is like tiger purring. It's a friendly greeting, saying they recognize you and are happy to see you. It's a pretty amazing feeling when the tiger looks at you and does it. I'm trying to learn how to chuff back. Soon, I will be able to talk tiger!

My parents are gone on vacation this week, so I am all alone at the house. I'm a little worried, since I don't know anyone up here to call if I need help. We'll just hope that I don't need any help. Awesome. Being alone at the house also means I'm taking care of the birds. So I come home from taking care of the zoo animals to take care of our parrots. It's fine though, because I get to do more than just scrub poop and fill water dishes for my birds!

My very exciting Friday night involves sitting on my couch, wrapped in a cozy blanket and watching TV. Yeah. I'm such a party-er. The first episode of the new season of Psych is on tonight. It's pretty much the best show ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment